Saturday, September 4, 2010

Assignment 1: Abstraction of Name

Hi everyone, for this assignment we were required to design our names using concepts and images common to something that we like. For example, I like puzzles and computers, hence the below are my initial ideas and my refined ideas on how to express that. Enjoy!

P.S I'm sorry I have little experience with blogs so this first post is very unattractive. I'll fix it soon.

--------------------------------------Initial--------------------------------------------






---------------------------------------------Refined---------------------------------------------

I edited the face one to give it more contrast and to make the "m" clear. I really like this one, even if it isn't strictly in line with the assignment.

I was told that the black lines dominate the picture, so I used that to draw attention only to the portion that exposes my name.

----------------------------------------------Decision and Refinement------------------------------

I chose to stick with the maze concept because I think that best captures what I like, and the idea of a puzzle. I attempted to add some concept to the maze (solving it), and created a 3 dimensional version.


I realised how hard depth is to create, but I traced my pencil sketch and it came out well. The colour choice was tough, we had been talking about colour theory last class, so I decided to combine these two warm colours together. It looks good to me!

Here is an edited 2D version of the original, as I was advised that the "o" was being buried by its surroundings, unlike the "m" which has a wide space to bring it out. I also gave it a mouse and cheese for the concept of the maze. The cheese makes you see the "o" too, which I think it still needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment